Every pet owner’s most common wish is for their pet to live a long, happy, and healthy life. Some pet owners have opted to use herbal pet remedies for their pets because it is considered safe and it does not contain any chemicals that can be harmful to pets.
If you are wondering if it is safe to do so, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Paws and Claws, we will share with you the things to consider when using herbal pet remedies. If you want to know more information, make sure to keep reading below!
If you are searching for herbal pet remedies, they may look safe and effective but before purchasing some for your furry friend, make sure to keep the following in mind:
1. Consult your vet – If your pet has any chronic problems, allergies, and medical issues, you have to ask your veterinarian if you can use any herbal remedies for your pet. You can’t just give herbal medicines to your pets and hope for the best that it will be safe for them. You have to consider your pet’s safety. Keep your pet safe, it is better to be safe than sorry.
2. Use safe and reliable products – When planning to use herbal and natural remedies for your pets, you must not gather or prepare anything on your own, especially if you do not have any training or experience with finding and gathering the right plants. Some herbs that are found in the wild can be contaminated by pesticides, etc. You must only buy and use herbal preparations from a reliable company like Paws and Claws.
3. Check for any side effects – When using natural and herbal remedies for your pets for the first time, you must watch out for any side effects, interactions, or overdoses that can occur. This is another good reason that you must always consult your veterinarian before using any herbal preparations for your pets.
Keep in mind: Some herbs may have interactions with other medications; also some herbs can be lethal if given in large amounts or doses. For example, ginkgo can affect the clotting ability of blood, so when it is given together with aspirin, it can cause your pet to be prone to severe bleeding.
Kelp is commonly used in herbal medicines; it can cause an adverse effect on thyroid disease. Echinacea can be bad for pets with a weak immune system. Melatonin is not recommended for dogs with heart, liver, or kidney problems. Ginseng can improve the liver’s regeneration but it can also increase the blood pressure of pets.
Veterinarians check their patients before considering the use of herbal remedies because if you do not plan properly, some herbal preparations can cause any unexpected or adverse effects that can be bad for your pet’s health and overall well-being.
4. Discontinue herbs if you suspect your pet is pregnant – Herbal preparations can have a bad effect on pregnant pets and their offspring. You must keep your pregnant pet safe as well as their babies inside their womb. If you are unsure of the herbal preparations, do not even consider giving it to your pet.
What are the different herbs that offer beneficial effects on pet cats and dogs?
1. Aloe Vera – Effective in wound healing, as a laxative, and its compound acemannan is useful for improving the immune system.
2. Ginger – Reduces vomiting frequency in dogs taking the chemotherapeutic medication, Cisplatin.
3. Milk Thistle – Its two constituents, Silymarin and Silibinin are effective in protecting the liver of dogs.
4. Neem – Effective insect repellent, used for flea infestation in pet cats and dogs. It is also effective in the healing of ulcers.
Are you searching for a reliable company that offers natural products and herbal supplements for pets? Paws and Claws is perfect for you! We offer different herbal remedies, CBD treats, and homeopathic flower essences that can help improve your pet’s immune system.
Some herbal remedies also help in recovery, promote optimum wellness, relieve stress and anxiety, as well as herbal products that will help with behavior modification. You can check out our natural shampoos and conditioners for pets that have sensitive skin and skin allergies.
We also carry herbal flea and tick repellents that are safe for your pet’s use and are chemical-free. Paws and Claws is located in Oakland, California. Better yet, come visit us with your furry friend.
Our address is located at 3436 Dimond Ave., Oakland, CA 94602. If you have any questions or inquiries about our company, services, and the products that we offer, please call us at 510-336-0105 or send an email at email@example.com. We are looking forward to seeing you and your pet soon!