What is a Dental Cleaning?
Dental cleaning or teeth cleaning is the process of plaque and tartar removal from a pet’s teeth. During this procedure, the oral health of the pet can also be assessed via its gums, tongue, lips, and teeth.
What Does Dental Cleaning Include?
- Removal of plaque and tartar from the pet’s teeth and gums
- Assessment for overall dental health and any other dental diseases
- Inspection for any fractured or damaged teeth
- Dental charting (this can help monitor the dental health of your pet)
Why is Dental Cleaning Important?
Dental cleaning for pets helps remove the plaque and tartar buildup on the surface of the teeth as well as the tartar and plaque hidden under the gums. This procedure also helps remove the bacteria in the gums which can cause infection of the mouth and other organs of the pet. It also helps prevent tooth loss and pain caused by infected gums and teeth.
How Do You Know If Your Pet Needs Dental Cleaning?
You must schedule your pet for dental cleaning if you see the following symptoms: Your pet has bad breath, drooling, pawing at the mouth, difficulty eating and chewing food, presence of loose teeth, loss of teeth, visible plaque and tartar on teeth, crying in pain, and avoiding touch.
What Happens To Your Pets if They Don’t Get Their Teeth Cleaned?
Pets that do not get their teeth cleaned are prone to dental problems and dental diseases. Dental issues often lead to other serious health problems such as:
- Jaw fractures
- Tooth root infection and abscesses
- Osteomyelitis – This is the medical term for infection of the bone. The roots of the infected teeth attached to the jawbone can spread the infection in other parts of the body.
- Nasal problems like sinusitis
- Cardiovascular and other organ problems may arise such as heart failure, liver and kidney damage
- Worsening of diabetes symptoms
- Septicemia or infection in the blood. When septicemia occurs, it can cause shock and death.
If you want to help your pet maintain their health, make sure to book an appointment with Paws and Claws for your pet’s teeth cleaning. It will make your pet enjoy a healthy long life and prevent any tooth and gum infections that can cause future medical complications.
Here at Paws and Claws, we offer non-anesthetic teeth cleaning services which helps eliminate any risks involved when anesthesia is used in any procedures. Dental cleanings involve a licensed veterinarian to supervise the procedure.
We also include an assessment for dental disease, presence of lesions, broken or fractured teeth and presence of tumors. We will also provide you a medical record that will give you information regarding your pet’s dental health.
Are you looking for a grooming place for pets that provides teeth cleaning services? If you are based in Oakland, California or nearby cities, make sure to check out Paws and Claws. We offer teeth cleaning services every 3rd Sunday of the month. Make sure to book an appointment for your pet today!
We offer anesthesia-free teeth cleaning services for your pets. If you have any inquiries or questions please do not hesitate to contact us, give us a call at 510-336-0105 or pay us a visit at our store’s location 3436 Dimond Ave., Oakland, CA 94602. It is located in between MacArthur Blvd & Montana St. We are looking forward to meeting you and your beloved pet!